Nurarihyon no Mago 1 - Exceed Expectations

Oooooh. Bishi.
As there isn't much to summarise, go check out Random Curiosity if you really want a summary.

Seiyuu are really, really important in anime, they give life to the characters and make them realistic with their fabulous vocal skills. This is so true for Nurarihyon no Mago. When I first knew about its adaptation, I wasn't too keen to watch it having being disappointed by Shonen manga adaption for Fairy Tail (it wasn't that bad, but it was too childish for me). Even after learning that Fukuyama Jun would be casting as Rikuo, I was still going 'meh~'

Of course, the characters and story are very important as well. Good for Nurarihyon (short for Nurarihyon no Mago's frigging loooooong name), its story and setting gave a reasonable explanation of Rikuo's 'double personalities'. And this is where Lelouch and Zero Fukuyama Jun kicks in. His vocal skill is simply fabulous, when I first learned that he voiced Watanuki from xxx Holic after watching CODE GEASS, I was in shock for days. His transformation from his 'Lelouch' (now it has a name!!) voice to 'Eto Kai'-like (from switch) voice was very enjoyable to watch.(Eargasm!!!)

As expected of Studio Deen (Fate/stay Night, 07 GHOST & Umineko no Naku Koro ni) the animation was beautifully done, the 3G sakura and buildings were simply gorgeous. Besides that, I'm more than happy to see the characters in good shape all the time. Having not read Umineko's VN, I find its anime adaption acceptable. However, from the reactions of Umineko's VN fans and the terrible fillers I've seen in 07 GHOST, the only thing I fear for Nurarihyon is how Studio Deen plans to deal with its story. Please Studio Deen don't give me any stupid fillers please.

Music-wise, the OP (FAST FORWARD by MONKEY MAJIK) was catchy enough for me to consider adding it to my playlist while the background music was very memorable to me, in not a very good way though. Why? Because it sounds a lot like Harry Potter's ost, so I see Harry, Ron and Hermoine floating in my mind whenever I hear the music. With that kind of distraction, it was tough to judge whether the BGM was good, or even fitting. Wizards and Youkai? What a lol-worthy combination.

Overall, Nurarihyon isn't the best anime this season, but it certainly exceed my expectation for its first episode. Well done everyone.

Not forgetting Sakurai (Kururugi Suzaku from CODE GEASS) who's voicing this... literally neckless boy (forgot his name). He lacks attention, so Studio Deen better give him more screen time for the rest of the episodes!!!

And here's another Night Rikuo for you!

In the name of Lelouch vi Britannia I order you to look into mah purple eyes!!!
He needs more screen time!!!! And I demand it be done right away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment