Monochrome Factor Chapter 53 Translation

Here it is. I didn't bother translating the Japanese raws cause half of the time I don't even know what they're talking about. And yeah, I'll edit this post later since I did it in a rush. So unless you don't mind some minor/major mistakes in the translation, you might want to check it out again after I've edited... I have finally edited this post. Enjoy~

PAGE 2
Shirogane: What do you think?
Ryuko: About balance that's slowly collapsing?
Shirogane: That and about those two as well.
Even though Shisui has finally started searching for his 'child', two years have passed by and yet he's still far behind Homurabi.

PAGE 3
Shirogane: Well thanks to him, it got worse.
However insignificant it is, imbalance is never a good thing,
it's time we urge him to hurry up.
Ryuko: Shisui's spending too much time selecting his 'child',
that can't be helped...
If you really are worried, I'll ask Homurabi to slow down to match Shisui's progress.
Shirogane: I've already suggested that to him.
Ryuko: What did he say?
Shirogane: 'I don't understand why we should stop the recruitment when we don't even have enough'
He said.
And he's right.

PAGE 4
Shirogane: Anyway, right now Homurabi still lacks one on his side while your side lacks three.
Hurry up and gather them, then we'll have one matter less to worry about.
Ryuko: ......
Shirogane: What's wrong? Shisui's been doing for two years, there shouldn't be any problem.
Ryuko: How do I put it...
I certainly hope that he is as you said... But it seems like...
Shirogane: Argh... What a pain... We're not babysitters...
Ryuko: But they are necessary, and that's a fact.
Not only did we ask for their help, we're forcing them to carry the burden as well... We can't be asking too much from them.
Shirogane: Heh... That's very kind of you.

PAGE 5
Shirogane: You do know that we don't have much time left for us to go slowly any more do you?
If Shisui insists not to change his mind...
We'll have to find someone else to replace him....
Ryuko: ...When the time comes... It can't be helped...

PAGE 6
Shirogane: I'll leave you to persuade Shisui,
I'm not good in this kind of matter.
Homurabi: ......
Ryuko: Sure, I'll try and see.

PAGE 7
Shisui: (Shisui's chanting something here. Sorry but I'm not good in 'ancient' language...)
Light to light, shadow to shadow, return to where your master belongs

PAGE 8
Shisui: Seal

PAGE 10
Homurabi: I don't suppose they're your family...
Shisui: I get it.
They're your 'child's' family.
You're here to observe so that you can change your 'child's' candidate... Ha... What a weird interest of yours.

PAGE 11
Shisui: Homurabi... Why are you here?
Homurabi: Why do think I'm here? I'm here to talk to you.
Shisui: Even if you want to talk to me, you can do that when we get back to the palace...
Homurabi: I'm not interested in chatting at a place where those nosy babysitters are running around.
Shisui: Don't you think it's rude to speak of Ryuko and the rest like that?
Homurabi: Hmph, a pacifist like you... No, I know you're just hiding all your dissatisfaction instead of voicing them out...
You're just muddling along.

PAGE 12
Homurabi: Not denying? That's right... If you have the guts, you wouldn't be in this state.
Shisui: What was it all about since just now?
If you're here just to mock me, I'll return to the palace.
Homurabi: Let me ask you,
why are you not performing your duty seriously?

PAGE 13
Shirogane: Huh?
Homurabi: Shirogane has told me...
Shirogane: "Both of your factors' balance have the tendency to collapse"
"You need to slow down to match Shisui's progress"
Homurabi: Hahaha... I say, tell me what is he if he's not a nosy babysitter?
However, that's not what I want to tell you.
I'm displeased that those two have become someone like you.

PAGE 14
Houmrabi: Are you even trying in searching for your 'child'?
Those factor holders aren't many, but they're not that rare.
All you need is five of them,
why are you hesitating?
Shisui: But everyone has their own life...
If they don't have the resolve to abandon their lives...
Homurabi: Resolve!?

PAGE 15
Homurabi: You, speaking of resolve?
How dare of you to even speak of it... Are you not the one who needs it the most?
You're afraid of robbing others' life,
afraid of bearing the responsibility of robbing.
Afraid of being reprimanded because of robbing
Am I right?
That's why you've been looking for someone who can sacrifice themselves for you, so that you can use them.
How irresponsible of you.
If you don't like it, you should have just reject being a royalty in the beginning.

PAGE 16
Shisui: That's because if I don't do it...
Homurabi: Someone else would lose their families and friends?
Correct?
Indeed, it a heavy self-sacrifice, but the truth is, you're just a hypocrite justifying your actions to comfort yourself.
You don't have the courage to reject, and yet you're not giving your best to finish off what you've started.
Pretending to be a pitiful self-sacrificing victim, you're doing so just to protect yourself.
Ah... Looking for someone like you who has nothing at all must be a tough job indeed.

PAGE 17
Homurabi: Everyone is different from you because they're doing their best to live.
Shisui: What do you want me to do!?
With just my power alone, it's not enough !!

PAGE 18
Shisui: And so what!?
You're criticising me so harshly, are you saying that you don't have what it takes as well?
You didn't even achieve anything remarkable, and yet you're here looking all high and mighty giving me a lecture, are you not the one with problems?!
You dislike me don't you!?
Can't you just tell me to 'get lost' in my face loud and clear?
Does tramping on others' soul bring you so much pleasure?!

PAGE 19
*flash*

PAGE 21
*grabs tightly*
Homurabi: I see...
Never mind...
Shisui: Homurabi!!
Wait...

PAGE 22
*disappears*
Shisui: Even for just a moment, just now...
that terrible feeling I felt...
What was it...?
Homurabi...

PAGE 23
Shisui: What were you thinking at that moment...?
Sawaki: Homurabi-sama, just in time...
The search for the factor holders...
Homurabi: Put that aside for now.
Sawaki: Huh? But this should be our first priority...
Homurabi: I need you to do something else!
Sawaki: May I know what is it?
About the task...

PAGE 24
Homurabi: Kill the king. (It might be singular/plural, but I don't know since there's no indication)

END

Interesting chapter. We get to see Shisui's pathetic side of him... Who'd ever thought that Shisui used to be such an useless fellow... Good thing that he grows up and looks much more reliable now... (Though, why??? Of all jobs... A bartender?) On the other hand, Homurabi is quick, and scary. What exactly ticks him off? How did he come to conclude that murdering the king/s is a solution? I guess that he probably has his own plans, perhaps he's another good guy using the worst method for the greater good? That's surely gonna boost his popularity... lol

Now, I need chapter 54!!!! D;

9 comments:

  1. wow, thank you so much for translation! it’s amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT! This is the reason why I love Monochrome Factor so much!! Thank for the translation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! I'm really grateful for your great translations!
    ...and Monochrome factor' s plot is everytime more intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Thank you so much for translating. I have been dying to konw what they are saying...

    Question, when he say "kill the king" is the royal one or Shisui? In my opinion is Shisui, don't get me wrong, I hope that's not what he mean. However, judging through his conversation I think the king he want dead is likly to be Shisui. But then again, Ryuko is the one that died, so...... ? I am confused....
    Also, looking at the original page of the manga, I think the "king" is singular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your welcome.(x4) =)

    Well, when Homurabi said 'kill the king', I don't think/feel that Homurabi is referring to Shisui. From what I know, it looks like Homurabi really despise Shisui as if he's some kind of useless/weak worm suffocating in a pile of cow dung. Based on his personality, it seem unlikely for him to dirty his hand just to squash Shisui... But if it's not Shisui, I can't really find any reason why he'd want to kill the other 2 either!! =___=

    And about the king or kings question, I can't give a definite answer to you. In some case, an indication (such as 's' in English) is required to know whether it's singular or plural. But the way Homurabi says it is slightly different. To make it simple, I'll use an example similar to our problem here: 'I'm reading.' But reading what, or how many am I reading would require further explanation, just like our problem here.

    I'm guessing that Sorano sensei's taking advantage of this to boost its popularity by keeping us in the dark since we wouldn't know which or how many king does Homurabi plan to kill until the next chapter is out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for the translation.

    For me, "Kill the King", uhh...it might be both Shirogane and Ryuko. If I didn't missed anything from reading manga in the beginning volumes, they told that Shirogane had run away from his own world.

    Anyhow, I still think that Homurabi was quite quick-decision maker. I felt a little bit shock when he made the plan to kill the king rather than finding better way to go.

    But, still, I'm not sure the result till we read the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Xxmilkycandy1996xXJuly 31, 2010 at 10:50 PM

    I love your translations but where did you translate them from??? I don't care if it's in chinese or japanese, but can you please post the raw links?? I wanna eat them... ^__^

    But thanks anyway for the translations. Now I got some ideas to update my fanfic which I haven't in weeks!! >__<

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot for the translations!! There are really great and awesome work even with busy schedule!! I want a favour.. can you please post the links to download them because i can't find them ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. tnks for the translations !!
    this is an amazing work !!
    can you pls post the link to download or the raws ! a cant find them too!
    previus tnks

    ReplyDelete