Monochrome Factor Chapter 49

A chapter full of Ryuko!!!!!
What an awesome treat from Sorano sensei!!!! xD

Let's skip the fangirling and go straight to the translation~ And click here for the scanlations~


PAGE 1:
The mysterious man, Kou's origin is finally revealed!!

PAGE 2:
Kou: *pants*

PAGE 7
Kou: Urgh...!

PAGE 8:
Kou: Damn it...! Isn't he a bit too strong for an old man....

PAGE 9:
Kou: As I thought, it's still not enough with this level of release...
Why am I holding back...
Haha... Seems like I've grown attached to them...
This won't do, being together with them and feeling happy...
...That's right...

PAGE 10:
Kou: It's for this moment...
that I've been living for...
I say... To you, it might not have bother you at all, but I'd still like to ask you...
I... The way I think about Ryuko, it's not just about 'I like him', but with the feelings of gratitude as well...
Moreover, I was born for that person's sake, and I believe that that's what Ryuko thought...
But there's just this thing about him... That I couldn't bring myself to like no matter what...

Sawaki: ...Which is?

PAGE 11:
Kou: The creation of me.
The method of creating me being listed as a 'forbidden technique'... Shirogane should have informed you about that did he?
Something created through the compression of an enormous amount of high density 'REIs',
and by adding a small amount of 'factors' from the human body along with one's own power.
Despite obtaining the 'factor', the genetics remain the same. Strictly speaking of it, it's neither REI nor human...
Do you know what this thing is called?

PAGE 12:
Kou: One can only say that it's a weapon that can be mass-produced.
Although Ryuko really disliked that description... No matter what, to be desiring to create something like this is mad.
And that can only be said as insane.
Since I was born before the technique was forbidden, all we could do was to go on with it...
It can be said that, I'm a negative inheritance.
"An existance that cannot be passed onto 'the next world'"... Long ago... Your eyes sent me that kind of message.
That's what Ryuko must have thought as well, and I've already understood that fact.

PAGE 13:
Sawaki: His thoughts might not have been the same as mine...

Kou: It's the same.
'Because both of you have crossed the boundary of the relationship of a 'master and child' you've been depending on each other...
Having the same perception, it's like those people who understands and confides into each other...'
I don't mind if you say it straightforwardly, in fact, I'd feel a lot better.
I know I have to disappear...
But, to let go of you who betrayed Ryuko, is something I cannot do.

PAGE 14:
Kou: Which is why, my last duty is to bring you down to hell.

Sawaki: Even if 'your existence will disappear as well'?

Kou: Yeap, what's so bad about it?

Sawaki: Fool!
In the end, you never understood the message Ryuko tried to send you.

Kou: What are you joking about... Are you saying that you understood what Ryuko tried to pass on?

PAGE 15:
Sawaki: Of course I do... You've said that just now didn't you? That Ryuko shares the same perception as mine.

Kou: Then why did you betrayed Ryuko!?
You who know him the best!!!
Unforgiveable...
Apologize to Ryuko!!! Do it with your death!!
I HATE YOU THE MOST!!!

PAGE 16:
Sawaki: ...Fine.
Let's see if you can kill me.

PAGE 17:
Sawaki: As long as you can do it, I'll follow you till the deepest part in hell.

PAGE 18:
Kou: Ryuko... I can't help thinking about...

Ryuko: About what?

Kou: Why did you create me even if you have to go as far as to use the 'forbidden technique'?

Ryuko: Kou... You don't get it.
Not everything made by the forbidden technique is used for evil, I myself... Till now feel that this technique is a necessity.

PAGE 19:
Kou: ... Really? Then, what is it forbidden?

Ryuko: Under the current system, it is indeed correct to address it that way.
To label the technique of reproducing life as forbidden, is because its existence may upset the foundation of the body and the soul as the origin.
Besides that, it's also related to the definition of life.
But if you think about it the other way round, it also explains that you have the possibility.

Kou: But Sawaki he...

Ryuko: Sawaki? Did he say it won't do?

Kou: He... He didn't say it out loud, but hie eyes told me so!!! The way he look at me!!

PAGE 20:
Ryuko: Kou, it's a bad habit to think with a narrow mind.
It's true that he's always wearing that unfriendly expression on his face, but that's just the surface of it.
And to force your own perception onto others, is a very rude manner.

Kou: Never mind... I don't like Sawaki anyway.

Ryuko: You're not getting along with him? That's a pity. I was thinking, if you two can come to a mutual understanding, you'd be able to become close friends...

Kou: Heh, That's totally impossible!!! He's the type of person I'm can't cope with!!!!

Ryuko: Kou...

PAGE 21:
Ryuko: Do not limit your vision.
Don't assume that everything you posses now, is everything you have in 'life'.
What you've seen is everything, the good things you posses right now are the best things, this kind of setting doesn't exist.
And because of that, only can the world be without limit.
Do you understand? Kou...

PAGE 22-23:
Ryuko: Ignoring the safe surrounding that you are in and to venture outside, isn't 'open-minded' anymore
But recklessness instead.

PAGE 24:
Ryuko: That's right...
It's for this moment, that an existence like you is needed!!

Kou, gambling his life on a desperate fight.
His claws, his fangs, can they reach Sawaki...

End of chapter.


Translator's notes:
So, half of the chapter was dedicted to their fight and the other half was about Kou's origins and Flashbacks of Ryuko *gasps*~

Page 11 was especially hard to translate with all the technical terms here and there. The part about the REI being compressed, I assume that it is the REI (the worm-like ones) Kou's talking about after seeing what looks like a ball of REIs to me.

Page 13 was another pain. *ouch* I couldn't identify who was talking in the 2 speech bubbles on the top left panel. Since the speaker said 'the relationship between a master and a child'', which might be referring to Kou and Ryuko, OR Ryuko and Sawaki. But how is that possible needs more explanations and proofs!!!

At first, I thought it was Sawaki speaking. But it is unlikely from the flow of dialogue plus Sawaki later mentioned that it was Kou who pointed out that Sawaki and Ryuko share the same perception (on page 15), and so I assume that it was Kou revealing the fact that Sawaki and Ryuko does indeed shares a bond deeper than we thought...

Page 23 is also full of ouches. Notably the Limited/Unlimited part. The word used in the Chinese scanlations was 无限 (and possibly mugen in Japanese), which literally means infinity, border-less, unlimited, and indefinite. I personally feel that it carries the meaning of 'perception', seeing that Ryuko's message is like 'see the world with an open mind and it'll be border-less', it might be something about one's perception instead.

Afterthoughts for the chapter:


So the origin of Kou was revealed. The shocking part was it was Ryuko who created him (hence his name Kou? 'Ryu-Kou' lol) It was one of the most enjoyable chapter in Monochrome Factor, all thanks to flashbacks of Ryuko-sama smiling so gently and being so sparkly~


It was really sweet to see a young, naive, and innocent Kou reading with Ryuko smiling with such a soft gaze throughout the whole flashback. Not only that, we also get to see Ryuko showing his cute side when he questions Kou. xD


Now put aside the fangriling-worthy sweets, it seems like Sawaki is slowly being revealed to be a better person. As Ryuko said, Sawaki's just the type who's a bit indifferent on how others think about him. So maybe, he has a reason for betraying Ryuko, or maybe his betrayal isn't really a betrayal at all, in fact, he might be pretending to betray Ryuko for a very very good reason (how good is it depends on Sorano-sensei's imagination). As for his relationship with Ryuko, that's one big mystery. It's possible that a master and a child's bond is very strong, and to say that Sawaki actually shares a bond deeper than a 'master and a child's', it could be either Sawaki really was the child of Ryuko, or, their bond was way stronger than that.


Moving on to Kou, that guy seems to have some severe self-loathing problem. Which is possibly due to the fact that Ryuko had to use the forbidden technique to create him, an existence that's not supposed to exist at all, and therefore he blames himself... Sad puppy here is being very stubborn and selfish. Gah, how could he go on a suicide attack when he promised Ryuko that he'd protect Akira????!!! Selfish doggy!!!! Don't you dare to die!!!!

*deep breaths* The next chapter will take some time to come out, and most likely our focus will be back on either Akira or Kengo's side... I don't suppose Kengo's group will encounter any big boss unless Homurabi decides to go rabbit hunting, and hopefully Kengo and Aya might be able to dig out more info from Shiki and Lulu about our 4 kings' past...

12 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm from Russsia, and I'm found of Monochrome Factor )) It's really great, that you made translation into English. You translated manga from Japanese, didn't you? Is yes, that do you think about translation profiles characters into English? It's necessary for Russian scanlation group. ^_^

    P.S. I'm not really good in English, am I? =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I translated the scans from Mandarin to English. As for Japanese, I can only do simple translation... xD Though if you like I could give it a try... =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ou, I have great hopes in your try ))) As far as I remember, there are four volumes in English and seven in Chinese. And that's why it will be amazing, if you translate profiles of Kou, Master and Nanaya )))) Please!! x))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to do so! But sadly I have yet to come across any of their profiles... D= Do you have any idea where I can read them?? :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not a problem =)) here you are

    Kou:
    http://s56.radikal.ru/i154/0908/70/0df1aaf64c75.jpg
    http://s03.radikal.ru/i176/0908/69/3af06cb8b728.jpg

    Nanaya:
    http://s41.radikal.ru/i092/0908/06/92b447e45e96.jpg
    http://i015.radikal.ru/0908/f6/d402cf09b20e.jpg

    Master:
    http://s57.radikal.ru/i156/0908/f0/b66d70b2dd19.jpg
    http://i050.radikal.ru/0908/4d/be899b50bd35.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!!!!! Will do my best to try to translate it!!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm full of waiting for results! )))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering if I coud use your translations for chapter 49 so I can typeset and put it on manga, onemanga, etc. I will give you proper credit for you translations of course.

    Here is a page from chapter 51 I already typesetted (I wanted it for my desktop)(I also put proper credits in the description box =D):

    http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/firepelt00/?action=view&current=MFC5102.jpg

    Let me know if I can~ please?~

    ReplyDelete
  9. do you know where to download the chapter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if this makes any sense at all, but for what I remember Kou is going all suicidal mission because of the guilt he feels about abandoning Ryuko when he got killed. And I have a suspicion that PERHAPS the character of Sawaki will turn out to have a good heart but killed Ryuko the same way that Snape killed Dumbledore in Harry Potter? Just a dumb speculation on my part... Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @firepelt00

    Yes yes!! Feel free to do so~ (Sorry for the very late reply, didn't know there's a comment on this... T____T Guess this is one issue Blogspot needs to fix....)

    And about the page your typesetted, all I can say is it's a wonderful job you've done!!! xD Certainly a lot better than what I did before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great site you've got here.. It's difficult
    to find quality writing like yours nowadays.

    I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    Here is my web page safe diets

    ReplyDelete