Monochrome Factor Chapter 60 Translation

It's done! Translation's after the jump followed by my crazy rambling. Read at your own risk. No rotten tomatoes please.

PAGE 1:
Akira, back on the frontier line. Despite that, Homurabi - the formidable king does not back off!!

Aya: Akira, are you ready?
Akira: Yeah...
I have to end... *pants*
this fight...
From what I've seen from Ryuko's memories...
This battle is just way too...

PAGE 2:
Homurabi: The situation has changed again...
Shirogane: !?
*thump* *thump*
Homurabi: I don't have much time left...

PAGE 3:
Homurabi: Surrender the tuner's factor...

PAGE 4:
Akira: I'll distract him.
Aya: Got it!
Akira: Why are you so persistent with the tuner's factor!?
Homurabi: That is none of your concern.

PAGE 15:
Akira: How can it be none of my concern if you're going to kill me to rob my factor!?
Stop kidding with me!!

PAGE 16:
Aya: Akira, let's give him one more blow!
...Akira!?

PAGE 17:
Akira: Not good...
My vision... It's getting blur...
Damn, at such a timing...!

PAGE 18:
Homurabi: Urgh!!
Akira: Shirogane!
Shirogane: I'll cover you, just continue with your attacks!
Tsk, what a stubborn guy!

PAGE 19:
Homurabi: I've waited for such a long time for this moment...
It is meaningless if my goal cannot be achieved.
Before that, I...
will never surrender...!

PAGE 20:
Akira: What...!?

PAGE 21:
Homurabi: Hand over...
The Factor!!

PAGE 22:
Aya: Leave Akira alone!!
Homurabi: Get lost!!
Aya: !!
Akira: Aya!

PAGE 23:
Shirogane: Are you alright?
Aya: Th-thanks a lot...

PAGE 24:
Nanaya: This is bad!!
In that situation, even Homurabi will end up being swallowed by the shadow!
Lulu: Homurabi-sama...!

PAGE 29:
Homurabi: ...Shisui...
Why... are you...
here...

PAGE 30:
Akira: Shirogane!!
Stop it!!
End of Chapter.

Crazy rambling as promised:
Highlights of the chapter.

OMGWHYSOGAY.
*headdesks*

*facepalms*


Whut was that? 0______________o

Homurabi's got a new hair style (no complaints there) whereas our cool bartender transformed into some pretty big-eyes trap shojou??? Is that what happens if your super-hair-gel fails??? Was Homurabi using some secret formula all the time to keep his hair standing?? What's with the 'Gaaaa-I'm-mad-lemme-kill-you-wh-wh-whut-shi-shi-shisui-why-are-you-here-my-labu' gay look???

Don't get me wrong. It's not like I'm against it or anything... The only problem I have with it is because this whole HomurabixShisui thing is just kinda forced. For one moment they were fighting each other, or to be more precise, Homurabi was fighting Shisui and watching him cough blood without even batting an eye, the next thing we knew was that Homurabi went huuurrr-omg-I'm-so-shocked too see Shisui going against himself. What the hell is going on? Everything feels so off. I don't really get it.

Exactly why is Homurabi so shocked to see Shisui stopping him? Didn't he make it very obvious that he's up to no good while Akira's gang made it clear that they will stop his crazy plan? He can't be expecting Shisui to be on his side and Shisui was clearly not acting in his favour. So what's with the OMGWHYTHEHELLAREYOUDOINGHERESHISUI? Yes Shisui was hospitalized earlier, but was it a good reason to be devastated to see Shisui who's supposedly near death to appear before Homurabi when it Homurabi himself was who made Shisui suffer?Afterall, Homurabi should have known that he's no friend of Akira and co.. Maybe it's just Homurabi being an adorably stubborn and shy guy, I dunnoe.

And why is Shisui being such a sparkly-eyed shojou not doing something productive? Heck, we all knew Homurabi is insanely in love with Shisui mad, what did Shisui expect from Homurabi when he jumped into the fight from out of nowhere? Was there no better way to stop Homurabi other than hopping into the battle field like no one's business? Was he not afraid that Homurabi might kill him, which would ultimately topple the balance of light and shadow? Did he know that Homurabi would stop and go lovey-dovey? Or was it his six sense that made him felt Homurabi's love?

Can't he do some magic or anything to support Akira???? Is he...really...that hopeless in fighting....? Come on, Homurabi is an enemy who did a lot of terrible things, and yet Shisui isn't even trying to stop him(making himself a sacrifice target is not helpful at all). Was he hoping that Homurabi will stop?? Did he seriously think that Homurabi can be redeemed? They're dealing with a madman, how can he still be so naive? Homurabi was right, Shisui's character isn't fit for a king. I'm getting angry at Shisui for being such a disappointing king...

Urgh. This whole thing is a mess. Ryuko screwed it up when he chose Shisui. Shirogane screwed up when he chose Homurabi. Both of them screwed up when they decided to kick Shisui. And Shisui screwed up being a proper king. As for Homurabi, I got a feeling he's the sanest guy here screwing up everything like how he was programmed to. What is wrong with all these kings....

Then again, that's probably the whole point of the story. A story of weird people screwing up each other. Sometimes, we have to accept things as they are. People like Shisui do exists. Just because we don't like his uselessness doesn't mean that the whole story is a phailure. Afterall, without Shisui's phailing as a competent king, there wouldn't be any story at all even though Sorano-sensei could have give a different plot using the same elements.

Eh, I'm tired of being screwed up. Will translate 61 tomorrow, now I shall go to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. If you think this is screwed up, wait till chapter 61, You will be 0_0......
    Oh! Shirogane's true color......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like the translation of Chapter 61 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm too curious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought you had posted the next day but have not posted more !!!!!!!!!
    anyway thank you very much for your excellent work continues !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found Chapter 61!! It is in Chinese

    http://dm.99manga.com/manhua/2315/70413/?s=4

    Hope that will speed things up for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you thought that was bad, Chapter 61 was about a million times worse. 8| I really wish Sorano would get around to telling us why Homurabi suddenly cares so much about Shisui, since last I recall didn't he flat out say that he despised him?

    I mean, we all know he was secretly tsundere for him, but come on, there's gotta be some background for this.

    ReplyDelete