Nurarihyon 08 - Not Again Studio Deen

I wish.
My experience tells me that I have to be very cautious whenever Studio Deen is involved. Indeed, Studio Deen always or most of the time, does great animation, despite that, I just can't accept the changes they made to the story. And this has nothing to do with the original story form the manga, the fact is, Studio Deen sucks at story board.

It is very tragic indeed that Umewakamaru's story was not tragic enough as it was.
No moar school bully? Hanako remarrying? No stone-throwing at him until he lost his right eye?? No dead mother's pretty head looking petrified in the monster's throat???? No Umewakamaru reaching for her head scene???

But, maybe Umewakamaru's tragedy was toned down for the little kids who watch this shonen-anime, particularly the head-in-throat scene can be rather disturbing (even though that's what cracks Umewakamaru)...
However, the greatest mystery to me is how did Hanako end up in the youkai's stomach looking like she's travelling?? Isn't she supposed to be with her new hubby?? Or at least at his house or some other place doing whatever she has to do??
It doesn't make any sense and it's not tragic enough. Dx

Clearly, Studio Deen failed to deliver the emotional impact Nurarihyon's manga managed to. Now, I'm sad. D;

At least, Yukionna's grandma looks pretty enough. Elegant, cool-head and less clumsy then Tsurara, grandma Yukionna is something worth watching.

Uuuuuuuu. Here comes another fail.
Gyuki is supposed to look cute not old!!!!!!!!!! Helloooooooo~ This happened a few hundred years ago!!!! WHY IS HE SO OLD-LOOKING!!!! I'M SO DISAPPOINTED. D: LOOK AT MAH FACE. I'M SAD.

As far as I'm disappointed with Gyuki looking old, dear grandpa 400-year younger is ok.
THANK GAWD.

End of ranting. Now gimme more Rikuo please.

1 comment: