Monochrome Factor Chapter 52 Rough Summary

Phew.

Really, phew.

I'm not a pro in Japanese, and it's very tiring to keep on explaining that I'm-not-sure-what-it-really-mean for every details, so I will say this once:
This post is a very rough summary of what I can comprehend with my limited Japanese knowledge. It may not be 100% accurate!!!!!

Some parts are direct translation, and you need to read with the scans side by side to understand...

I had a hard time making this post. =________= Hopefully, none of you suffer any brain damage from reading this post...

The first few pages show Ryuko training Kou in fighting.

PAGE 05:
Ryuko comments on how Kou should do to improve and defeats him easily. Lying on floor, Kou complains that Ryuko was too hard on him. While Ryuko was speaking to Kou, Sawaki arrives.

PAGE 06:
Ryuko: Sawaki!! So you've came!!
Sawaki: Well, I made a promise.
What are you doing now?
Ryuko: I'm teaching him how to fight. *here he mentioned something about Kokuchi and Hakua (What is a Hakua again...?) going berserk*
So it wouldn't hurt to teach him at least some self-defence techniques.
*then he said something about exercising*
Sawaki: I see...
Ryuko: Anyway, did you come here alone?

Page 07:
Sawaki: No, I was with Homurabi-sama when we came. We met the other king on our way here, Shisui, if I remember correctly...
They left me to have a talk with each other.
*skipping the next bubble, totally clueless about what he was saying*
Ryuko: I see!
That's very fun isn't it?
Homurabi: Ah... So you've just entered here recently...

PAGE 08:
Homurabi: That's 2 years later than me.
Shisui: Yes, that's why there's still a lot of things in this palace which I don't know of.
And those habits and common sense that I've acquired from the human world- *skipping the rest =___=*
Shisui (last panel): It's easier said than done to get rid of a habit.

PAGE 09:
Shisui: May I know, why did you die/become a SHIN? *he says 'SHIN' in katakana, but the sentence is a bit weird, so I'm not sure he meant die or literally SHIN, but it doesn't really matter I guess since that's sort of how he became a king...*
Homurabi: Why, you ask?
Is there any other reason besides than being the chosen one?
Shisui: Err... That's not what I meant...
'Even if you will be completely erased from the world you live in since you were born, why did you still chose that path' was what I was wondering about...

PAGE 10:
Homurabi: ...Why...
Shisui: Why...!?

PAGE 11:
Homurabi: What's wrong?
Shisui: Noth-Nothing
What was that... This person's...
*inserts adjectives here* gaze...
Homurabi: I'll tell you then.
*skips the next bubble*
That human world I used to live, I have no desire to live my life there *this can be totally off, lol*
*skips another bubble*
And so I thought of disappearing from there so that I can rule it from another perception.

PAGE 12:
Homurabi: Don't you think that's an interesting thing to do?
Shisui: A...Haha I don't think I understand what you said very well...
*skips next bubble*
Homurabi: In other words, my soul will be free even if it is disturbed.
That's what I thought/meant.

PAGE 13:
Shisui: Tha-That's...
Homurabi: What were you thinking... I was just joking...
*skipping the next 3 bubbles!!! D=*
Shisui, what made you chose to become a 'REI'?
Even though you have to throw away your past, your friends and family, why did you chose to do so?

PAGE 14:
Shisui: A-about... that...
No one will ever care even if I disappear...
And since someone has to forgo all those things... I thought it'd be best for me who have nothing at all to accept it....
Homurabi: I see

PAGE 15:
Homurabi: 'There was no need for your existence in that world at all'
Was that what you were thinking?
Shisui: I guess so...

PAGE 16:
Ryuko: You can't see Homurabi's thoughts?
*wow, I'm skipping the rest of the dialogues of page 16!!!! It's so tough!!!*

PAGE 17:
*skip skip skip and skip, there's some in-depth explanation on how Shisui deals with his ability*
Ryuko (bubble on the bottom right corner): So what do you think?
Shisui: since I can't see so I... *Pass. @____@*
Ryuko: It's not like that/No/You're wrong/That's not right. *That's what Ryuko meant, but I can't find the correct words in English that reflects his nature*

PAGE 18:
Ryuko: *He's giving Shisui a fabulous talk on how he should see others, or at least that's what I think*
There's a lot of time here.

PAGE 19:
Ryuko: After all, he's your opposite (king). You can know him better slowly.
Shirogane: Ah.

PAGE 20:
Sawaki: Shirogane-sama, are you going out?
Shirogane: Yeah, did you two just came back?
Sawaki: Yes, from the Palace of Light.
Shirogane: You don't have to report to me.
You're free to go wherever you like.
Sawaki: Shirogane-sama, where will you be going from here? (Shirogane waves his hand here)
He's so hard to please... He needs to learn some from Ryuko-sama...
Homurabi: Indeed.

PAGE 21:
Sawaki: Speaking of that... How was Shisui-sama? *more question from him regarding Shisui*
Homurabi: I don't like him.
Sawaki: Eh...
Homurabi: That's right. I don't like him. He's just pretending to sacrifice for the sake of others to cover up his lack of power. *something something about being a ruler*

PAGE 22:
Homurabi: That's my opposite?
I dislike him from the bottom of my heart.

END OF CHAPTER

I'm falling asleep here, pardon me for any sort mistake I made...

Notice: My finals are coming up in 2 weeks time, so if the Chinese scanlation is out, the most I can do is another summary post. I'll do the translation only if it is not yet out by 18th June, the day I'm taking my last paper (YAY!).

2 comments:

  1. OMFG!! O_O although translation isn't complete, this chapter has broken my mind! thank you so much!
    p.s. good luck on finals)
    p.p.s. it's dawn-opener. i can't login my LiveJournal account -___-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your exam, and thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete